The Immigrant Welcome Center reaches out to the community in a variety of ways to provide information about immigrants and refugees in Central Indiana.
As part of our community outreach efforts, our staff and volunteers:
- Provide sessions for community groups on immigrants in Indianapolis and how they are changing our communities for the better.
- Attend fairs, festivals, and community events to talk about the Immigrant Welcome Center and about immigrant and refugee communities.
- Work with the Indianapolis Public Library to provide staff training on how to interact with different cultural groups.
- Host job fairs and health fairs for immigrants and refugees.
- Present sessions on human trafficking to increase awareness about this illegal activity that is taking place in our state.
- Work with high school and college students to connect them with local immigrants and help them to understand the experiences of immigrants and refugees in Indianapolis.
If you are interested in learning more about our current community outreach efforts or if you would like partner with us for future programs, please contact Amy Shackelford at email@example.com or (317) 808-2340.