The Immigrant Welcome Center has a diverse number of ways for you to get involved with our work from ongoing committees to special projects. Below is a brief summary of each of our current volunteer opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our volunteer form and let us know more specifically your interests and we will follow-up with you.
The Immigrant Welcome Center has several ongoing volunteer opportunities that help support the critical functions of the organization. These committees and task forces typically meet monthly and are chaired by a member of the Immigrant Welcome Center Board of Directors.
- Development and Marketing Committee: Provides input on strategy for the Immigrant Welcome Center’s fundraising initiatives and our efforts to raise awareness of our work to a broader audience.
- Program Committee: Provides oversight and counsel on the Immigrant Welcome Center’s programs and volunteer management efforts.
- Finance Committee: Provides oversight and counsel on the Immigrant Welcome Center’s finances, including financial operations, investments, audit and controls, and risk management.
- Welcoming Cities Task Force: This task force is comprised of a diverse group of individuals who are interested in improving the lives of immigrants in Indianapolis. The task force focuses on various issues including: education, social services, public safety, employment, civic engagement and health. Recommendations from this task force will be presented to the Mayor of Indianapolis as part of a larger community planning effort focused on better serving the needs of immigrant populations in Indianapolis.
- Event Planning: Volunteers help provides guidance and input on the Immigrant Welcome Center’s awareness and outreach events. This includes “friendraisers”, our annual event to engage the corporate community and our Welcoming Week activities held annually in September.Short Term/Flexible OpportunitiesThe Immigrant Welcome Center has several short-term and special project volunteer opportunities. These activities take place as needed and volunteer contributions can be flexible depending on the availability of the volunteer.
- Storytelling: Volunteers help the Immigrant Welcome Center interview and collect stories about the immigrants we serve and the impact the Immigrant Welcome Center is making. Stories are shared on social media and our monthly newsletter.
- Photography: Volunteer photographers help document our programming and also help the Immigrant Welcome Center visually communicate the diversity of the immigrants we serve.
- Other. Do you have a unique skill set and/or specific interest area? Please call Terri Morris Downs at 317.808.2340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.